The Oracle Java SE 6u41 release, made available on February 19th, 2013, is the last public update in the Java 6 stream. The following links may be helpful for people looking for more information about this process:
- Oracle Java SE End of Public Updates Policy
- EOL’ing a version of Java Is a Process, Not an Event
- Java 7 Adoption Guide
- Incompatibilities between Java SE 6 and Java SE 7
- Migrating from Java SE 6 to Java SE 7
- Oracle Java SE Commercial Support Program
Note that the phrase ‘End Of Life’ (EOL) is historical, and is now more commonly and accurately referred to as “End of Public Updates”. Also, the above information is specific to the Oracle JDK. If you get your JDK or JRE from another vendor or distribution, please check with them for their EOL or End of Public Updates plans and policies.